Saturday, February 23, 2008

Way To Go...2-0


Well, I'm back from a chilly afternoon at Pete Taylor. I am really not liking this weather. I have always enjoyed the days whenever I can come out to the ballpark with shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops and be comfortable. Well, I have to say that I was a little nervous during the first 5 no hit innings by Lipscomb. However, Michael Ewing broke through in the bottom of the 5th with a hit to lead off the inning. We rallied and moved ahead 4-3. From here our relievers came in and saved the day. Ballinger.. from my hometown of Hurley, and East Central High School, my alma mater, pitched through the top of the ninth. Tyler Conn, from Ocean Springs came in and struck out the side in the top of the 9th to win the game, 6-3.
I have been well informed by my girlfriend, Lisa Knight, that I need to mention her in this blog...Or I will be in trouble, so.... without further ado.. I am without a doubt dating the greatest girl ever. We have been together for 3 1/2 years this March. She loves sports, USM and me...what more could you ask for?? Well, hopefully she will find this post adequate. However, I do mean every word of it. 

I, of course plan on going tomorrow to hopefully pull out the sweep. Southern Miss to the top.. and it looks like the guys basketball team will win in Tulane, final score: 70-59 the Good Guys

Till Next Time, 

Patrick L.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

thanks darlin!!! i am happy the blogging world knows about me.

Samantha said...

ahahahaha.