Monday, February 25, 2008

Break Out the Brooms


First of all, Southern Miss to the top!!! What an excellent weekend for baseball. The weather for Sunday's game was absolutely perfect. However, I am ready for things to warm up, where some of us won't have to dress like eskimos to make it through the game. Sorry Mrs. Cindy.. I had to do it. 
Yesterday's game was very exciting. Our rally started early with three runs coming in the first inning. I was really impressed by the play of Bo Davis this weekend. He has really improved over the off season. I believe we have one of the best 1, 2, 3, 4 hitters in America. Davis, Dozier, Sutton, and either Winstead or Maxie....Not to take anything from the rest of the team, but I believe Sutton will lead the team in RBI's and probably batting average. 
Lipscomb would not go away however, they rallied to move ahead 4-3 in the 3rd inning with back-to-back homeruns. 
After making my way back home I was informed by my roomate that Maxie went 4-5 yesterday. I really had no clue that he such a great day. He was a silent killer in the game. However, the hero of the game was probably Trey Cuevas. After Trey Sutton was intentionally walked, the crowd was really getting fired up. I'm sure someone in the dugout told Catfish to take advantage to the disrespect that the pitcher just showed him, by pitching around Sutton. 
Of course, you probably know what happened next....Cuevas....first pitch...long homerun over center-field wall to put the good guys up 8-5. 

However, Lipscomb was being a little scrappy on Sunday and simply would not go away. They rallied to tie the game in the top of the 8th. Colin Cargilll shutdown Lipscomb in the top of the ninth and the Eagles would not stop fighting. Keith Winstead came in and had a walk-off hit to win the game. It was fantastic.

I encourage everyone to get out to the Pete and watch a game.. become a huge Southern Miss fan and stick around to the fall and watch Larry Fedora and his boys put on a clinic to the rest of Conference USA. 

I am looking forward till tomorrow where the Eagles are back in action at the Pete against UL Monroe...first pitch: 6:30. BE THERE!!!!
I'm sure some of us will need our eskimo suit, I've heard that it will be rather cold Tuesday Night.. Bundle up and let's see the Eagles move to 4-0.
I hope everyone is enjoying the blog.. I am really enjoying doing it, however, I really never thought that it was for me... 

***CRUISE UPDATE***   4 months.. 19 days...1 hour...34 minutes and 15 seconds till we leave for the cruise!!!!! Woooooohoooooooo (I know a lot of you guys enjoyed that)

Oh yeah, almost forgot...Lisa.. You are the best!!!!

Till Next Time,

Patrick L.

No comments: