Thursday, February 21, 2008

Its About Time


Yes, it is that time again. Spring, flowers, warmer weather, and probably my favorite of the list: Southern Miss Baseball. It simply does not get any better than a weekend series at Pete Taylor Park. Also, I know it is baseball season whenever food begins to taste bad Saturday afternoons of a weekend series. This bad taste is a result of the inner mouth being ruined from my favorite baseball accessory.........DAVID SUNFLOWER SEEDS.
When it comes to sunflower seeds and something to eat during a baseball game, David Sunflower Seeds trumps its competitors. I probably will suffer from mild insomnia tonight, because the butterfly are starting to stir.... First pitch, Pete Taylor Park..BE THERE!!! 

I have a good feeling this year about our team. I am hoping we do something with our offense. I've never been more frustrated with a baseball team than last season with a runner on third and one out. I am not one to bash my team, who I will support till the day I die. However, we have to hit the ball, especially in clutch situations to be effective in college baseball. 

I encourage everyone who reads this to come to Pete Taylor Park this weekend and support your Eagles. If you are not an Eagle, I challenge you to come to Hattiesburg, walk on campus, visit multiple games... basketball, baseball, football. Look at the fans, get involved, support the Eagles and you will see how great it is to be a Golden Eagle. 

Rain or shine, I'll be there at Pete Taylor Park, cheering on my Eagles. 

Till Next Time,

Patrick L.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

#2 on that lists of things would be a cold Diet Coke to wash them seed down don't ya think?

Patrick Lowery said...

I couldn't agree more..