Thursday, July 31, 2008

Left on a Cruise.. Came home Engaged



Finally... After 3 years 9 months 16 days and 22 hours Lisa and I are engaged!! Can you believe it? I still cannot fathom that I am engaged. However, I have to say it is pretty exciting. Well, I guess I can go into a little detail about how i did it. 

Well, it was on the Carnival Imagination. It was absolutely perfect. We were up on the top deck with our parents and siblings lingering in the background. I had a card for Lisa that 
basically 
told her how long we had been dating down till the second. I had done this on a previous card and Lisa is so big on cards I figured that I had to give her one whenever I proposed. I did not want to give away that I was proposing through the card and that plan worked out perfectly. Lisa read the card and looked
 at me with her eyes closed...(because the bottom of the card said to) and then I gave her a kiss... still she had no idea. Then I told her to close them again.. she started to tear up a little but still was a little anxious.

She opened her eyes.. and nearly passed out. Yes, you did babe. She could barely stand up. I told her that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her and through her tears... she told me YES!!
That is basically the story. If you want to know in more detail then contact me. We do have the entire thing on film. As my mom very proudly videotaped the entire proposal. Way to go Mom!!
Let the planning begin. Lisa and I are very excited and cannot wait to get married. 

I guess I can officially say that our date is.....(ready??)

January 30th 2010

Yep, there it is!!! 

I am working on a website for our wedding, so as soon as I can get that finished I will publish it and post the link on here.

Southern Miss to the Top

Till Next Time,

Patrick L. 

4 comments:

John Wesley Leek said...

That's very exciting.

Any significance to the date and putting it off so long?

John Wesley Leek said...

K.

Staci said...

yay!! soo exciting! congrats! I expect a full detailed recount soon!

Samantha said...

Hi... So. You need to update. I want to hear about Fedora, and football, and all that yummy food you like to cook.

I guess since I see you every other day or so, I already know these things. But that's okay.

Update!